Healthy living involves more than physical health and good eating habits.
Mental health and emotional well being is also very important. Having your own small business can be physically and emotionally draining. As a network marketer you have to wear many hats to become a successful business owner. The following healthy living tips provided by medicinenet.com include some of the ways you can support your mental health and well-being.
- Get enough sleep daily! The CDC recommends the following guidelines (naps inclusive): 18 years old and above need 7-9 hours of sleep. Elderly people need about 7-9 hours but do not sleep as deeply and may awaken at night or wake early, so naps (like kids need) allow them to accumulate the total of 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Take a walk and reflect on what you see and hear at least several times per week.
- Try something new and often (eat a new food, try a different route to work, go to a new museum display).
- Do some mind exercises (read, do a puzzle occasionally during the week). Luminosity offers amazing mind exercise games for free. Sudoku is also a great game to sharpen your brain.
- Try to focus on a process intensely and complete a segment of it over 1 to several hours, then take a break and do something relaxing (walk, exercise, short nap).
- Plan to spend some time talking with other people about different subjects.
- Try to make some leisure time to do some things that interest you every week (hobby, sport).
- Learn ways to say “no” when something occurs that you do not want to do or be involved with.
- Have fun (go on a trip with someone you love, go shopping, go fishing; do not let vacation time slip away).
- Let yourself be pleased with your achievements, both big and small (develop contentment).
- Have a network of friends; those with strong social support systems lead healthier lives.
- Seek help and advice early if you feel depressed, have suicidal thoughts, or consider harming yourself or others.
- People taking medicine for mental health problems should not stop taking these medications, no matter how “well” they feel, until they have discussed their situation with their prescribing doctor(s).
Try to avoid excessive behavior and negativity as much as possible. Instead focus on what attracted you to your business in the beginning.
Healthy living means that both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person. Eat well-balanced meals, get enough sleep and don’t fret over things you can’t change.
What is one thing do you do to help balance your busy lifestyle and mental health?