Contour and highlighting techniques, beauty tips and product info.
How to contour is a beauty essential to shape, define, and highlight for naturally enhanced features. You can create higher cheekbones, a slimmer jawline or narrow your nose.
Get inspired by the latest beauty trend for a naturally enhanced look!
There are a ton of beauty tutorials out there, but learning how to contour and highlight can still be bit tricky. Avon has taken all the guess work out of it for you by offering you three amazing True Color contour & highlight products that are easy to use.
Start out with a clean face, I recommend using a clay mask once a week for an even-toned look. Apply your favorite foundation.
Want to get your summer glow on? Add a few drops of Avon’s True Color Dazzle Drops to your foundation to create a customized sun-kissed shimmer.
How To Contour
HOW TO CONTOUR IN 4 EASY STEPS
1. FRAME YOUR FOREHEAD with the dark shade along hairline and a touch of the light shade in center of forehead.
2. PLAY UP YOUR CHEEKBONES with the light shade on top and dark shade in the hollows of cheeks.
3. NARROW YOUR NOSE with both the dark and light sides.
4. DEFINE YOUR JAWLINE and create a thinner-looking face and sculpted chin.
Contour & Highlighter Beauty Tips – Find more tips
- When selecting a color for your contour, go with a color that is more on the neutral or cool side. That way, the color helps mimic a shadow.
- Using a contour brush, apply the color into your temples, working in circular and sweeping motions.
- Make sure to work some of the contouring product into your hairline to avoid any harsh lines.
- When choosing a highlight shade pick one that has the same undertone and is one to two shades lighter than your foundation.
- Highlight cheekbones and the bridge of your nose with moonlit powder for natural radiance and brightness.
True Color Contour & Highlight Products
Transforming Contour Stick – Easily sculpt and define with the silky powder-gel of the 2-in-1 contour stick. The darker side contours and creates shadows while the lighter side defines and creates contrast. Available in Light, Medium and Deep.
Illuminating Stick – The cream-to-powder formula adds a light-reflecting, sunlit effect to lift your brows, brighten your eyes and highlight your Cupid’s bow. Available in Rose Gold and Champagne.
Highlighting Powder – The light-reflecting moonlit powder delivers all-over sheen—or a targeted glow—with its ultra-fine pearl finish. Available in Quartz and Topaz.
Contouring and highlighting go together like vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. Contour your face, no matter the shape, by accentuating areas that naturally catch the light.
Do you regularly contour and highlight? Leave me a comment.
Follow Silke On Social Media